If you feel this training is a good fit, please apply by completing the following steps:
- Complete the Ship Repair Pre-Hire Information Form:
- Complete the Career Readiness Certificate WorkKeys Assessment:
Make a reservation with your local Community College or Workforce One-Stop Center
- Enter your CRC WorkKeys Scores Online:
- Complete an interview with a company partner. If selected for an interview, we will contact you to arrange an interview date and time
- Pass a drug test
- Upon request, submit a background screening to verify eligibility security access. Applicants MUST report any and all misdemeanor or felony convictions including, but not limited to: traffic violations, financial judgments, minor infractions and any other crimes. These may be limiting factors in qualifying for the program and/or employment.
- Once you are approved for enrollment, you will be given information to register for the course at the Community College where your training will take place and pay your $250 tuition fee
- Show up to class ON-TIME every day. The class will run for two weeks, followed by a 1 and 1/2 day OSHA 10-Hour Maritime Training Course.
- Your hiring company will reimburse your $250 tuition fee upon meeting hiring requirements, which may include a probation period. Completing this training offers no guarantee of employment. However, completion of this two-week intensive program will greatly enhance the skill set necessary to gain employment in the Ship Repair Industry.